Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dupont Ride 10.5.10

I spent a lot of time working on an appellate brief that I was able to finish up last night, so I decided that today would be a riding day, and that DuPont would be the place. I wanted some flowy trails, so I parked at Fawn Lake. From there, my route was Reasonover Tr.>Fawn Lake Rd>Conservation Rd>Airstrip Tr.>Shelter Rock Tr.>Corn Mill Shoals>Laurel Ridge Tr.>Mine Mtn Tr. and back to the car. I did a version of this loop as my first ride as a Brevardian, so I was a little anxious to see if my fitness has improved. Thankfully it has. I was able to ride quite a bit more of the climbs this time around.

It was a perfect day for a ride. The temp was around 60, and it was sunny. With the brisk breezes on the ridgelines, it was definitely arm warmer weather.

On to the pics:

10.5.10-1
Reasonover Crossing


10.5.10-2
After the Downhill on Reasonover


10.5.10-3
Bridge on Reasonover


10.5.10-4
Lake Julia


10.5.10-5
The Airstrip


10.5.10-7
Airstrip Trail


10.5.10-9
Corn Mill Shoals Gets Really Rocky, Really Steep, Really Fast


10.5.10-10
The Flow on Laurel Ridge Tr.

No comments:

Post a Comment