Sunday, February 13, 2011

Short Spin in Pisgah

Heather and I are officially house hunting. It's a little sooner than we wanted, especially since we are only half way through our lease, but we just can't stand sharing a wall with a gaggle of heavily-hooved humans anymore. Thankfully, our landlord is going to let us out of our lease early. Apparently a lawyer complaining about his right to quiet enjoyment of his leased property is scary to a landlord, plus we're using him as our agent, sooooooo...

Anyway, we had a meeting scheduled with him this afternoon, so I had to cancel on my planned ride for the day, but the weather was too perfect to not get out for a short ride. It was sunny, 60, and hadn't precipitated in a while, so I headed into Pisgah for a short but fun loop. I parked on 477, rode up Clawhammer and Maxwell, and then descended Black. 477 was a little sloppy in parts, but Clawhammer and Maxwell were solid. Most of upper Black was perfect, but there were still a fair number of muddy spots toward the bottom, where they did all that great drainage work. No precip forecasted for the upcoming week, so the trails will have a chance to dry out a bit more for next weekend.

It was a nice ride on a perfect day. My cardio shape is still really lacking, but the 1x9 setup worked great. I have a Paul's Chainkeeper on it, and it worked flawlessly.  I think it'll give me just enough gearing options.

Pics:

IMG_1061
The 1x9 Setup

IMG_1062
Perfect Day in Pisgah

IMG_1063
On Maxwell

IMG_1064
Pressley Gap

IMG_1066
Lower Black

2 comments:

  1. Glad you still got out. It looks like they took out the jump?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think there was a jump at that creek. That was before my time; they did the work before I moved down here.

    ReplyDelete