Saturday, November 6, 2010

Forget the Iceman, The Lazer Cat Cometh

After a slightly longer than expected, but apparently well-worth-it wait, my new John Henry is finished.  Brendan puts out some great frames, and mine appears to be no exception.  The color we decided to go with was Lazer [Cat] Rootbeer, and now you know where its name came from.  I was originally looking for something in the charcoal family, with a mocha tint to it, or Charcoal-ate, but nothing was jumping out at me.  Then Brendan showed me this color and I was sold.  These pics sort of show it, but the color has a lot of depth to it, with multi-colored flake.  I left the decal choice up to Brendan, and I'm glad I did.  I probably would have picked silver, but he came up with cream decals, with a brown outline.  I think that complements the frame color much better than silver would have.

Anyway, here are the pics that Brendan sent, and of course, I'll post more once she arrives in NC, next Thursday.

rickpowdercoat

rootbeerdrop

rootbeer

I'm getting ready to go ride at DuPont today. It looks beautiful out, but I know that it's also cold. High of 44 today, which should be some pretty good riding weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment