Thursday, May 24, 2012

Did not 111

...but I did help mark the course, which turned out to be a 30'ish-mile ride on a Friday afternoon/evening, and a lot of fun.

Tools of the Trade

As you can see, I wasn't given a ton of tape, but I did what I could with what I had.  I was happy to hear that Clay and Chris rode ahead of the racers the next morning and marked the intersections a little better.  From what I've heard, it was a great race, and only a couple of people missed a turn.

I got out for a short ride the day after the race, and just played around a bit.  Below is a pic of a creek crossing on Buckhorn Gap Trail.

Self Timer 1

That evening, my old college roommate and his wife rolled through town on their way home from Charleston.  We headed out for some good food and dessert, and had a nice time catching up.  The next day, we headed into Pisgah after a big breakfast at Gatekeeper's.  I decided to take them up to Looking Glass Rock, for one of the best views in the Forest.

Looking Glass Pano2

While up there, I was able to catch a decent photo of one of our local, blue-tailed Skinks, which you may
recognize from Cane Creek's logo.

IMG_1553

No comments:

Post a Comment