Sunday, March 13, 2011

Black Mountain Trail

So what do you do when you live 10 minutes from the gate to the most beautiful place on Earth and it's 65 and sunny? You grab your bike and drive through that gate of course. I parked at the Ranger Station and headed up 477>Clawhammer. Once I got to the top, I decided that I was going to go right on Black Mtn., since I had not been on that section yet. I knew there would be some hike-a-bike, and boy was there. It's basically one long hike-a-bike with intermittent sections of riding until you get close to the intersection with Turkey Pen. Then it is literally all down hill from there to Pressley Gap. I'm not sure how often I'll actually do this section of Black, but I'm glad I did today, because the views were outstanding.

While up near the top of Black Mtn., I actually had 3G service and heard my phone vibrate. It was a voicemail from Heather asking if I wanted a burrito from Pescado's. What fantastic timing to get reception! My reply was a resounding "Hell yeah!!" Once I got to Pressley Gap that burrito was all I could think about, so I hung a right on Maxwell and flew down it and Clawhammer. The burrito and beer waiting for me at home really hit the spot. Not a bad little Sunday.

IMG_1104

IMG_1105

IMG_1109

IMG_1111

IMG_1114

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great ride! Glad you could enjoy some good weather.

    It would be hard for me to take that right on Maxwell. You did all that work, you should have enjoyed black all the way down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can enjoy the rest of Black any time! So nice to live here. Plus, I was starting to cramp up for some reason, so coasting down on my butt sounded good.

    ReplyDelete